Lancaster Pediatric Associates, Ltd. strives to provide accessible, comprehensive, compassionate care to our patients and their families. One way we are accomplishing this goal is by adopting the Medical Home model of care which is promoted by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Lancaster Pediatric Associates, Ltd. has achieved recognition as a Patient Centered Medical Home through the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). As a result of evolving technology, organizations that assess the quality of medical care have begun to more clearly define what qualifies a practice as a medical home. Visit http://www.ncqa.org/medicalhome for further information.
What is a Patient Centered Medical Home?
As your child’s medical home, Lancaster Pediatric Associates, Ltd. is a centralized resource for all your child’s medical care needs. You will be asked to choose a Primary Care Provider (PCP) for your child when you register with our practice. Appointments such as physicals, discussions, and medication checks will be scheduled with the child’s PCP to allow for continuity of care and fosters relationship building between your family and that PCP. Sick visits will be scheduled with your child’s PCP whenever possible. You may request to change your child’s PCP by calling our office. We will honor your request whenever possible based on the requested provider’s panel availability. You are an important part of our healthcare team and we encourage you to participate in all aspects of your child’s care.
As your medical home, we also help you find needed information and resources, such as, information about pediatric specialists, health conditions/latest treatments, support services for your family and other community resources.
Access and Availability
We are here when you need us. We encourage you to start with us first when accessing care for your child. In many cases we can take care of your medical needs in our office. When we are unable to do so, we can make sure your child is referred to the appropriate specialist and coordinate their care.
How can you help with access and availability?
- When the office is closed, contact us before heading to the emergency room or urgent care. We have a provider on-call 24/7 to answer questions you may have related to your child’s health. When we are closed the provider on-call can provide you with medical advice to care for your child at home, arrange for you to be seen in our office the next business day or if the matter cannot wait direct you where to seek the most appropriate care.
- When you see a specialist, please tell them that Lancaster Pediatrics is your medical home and ask them to send us a summary of your visit. Receiving a visit summary from the specialist is a key piece to the Medical Home puzzle. We will review the summary once it is received from the specialist and update your child’s problem list, medication list, etc. when needed.
What is a patient portal?
Lancaster Pediatric Associates, Ltd. offers 24/7 access to your child’s health information including, immunizations, growth charts, visit summaries and educational handouts through our patient portal. You will find a link to our patient portal in the top right hand corner of this web page.
What can I access or request on the patient portal?
- Patient health information such as, immunizations, growth charts, lab and x-ray results, current medications, allergies, visit summaries.
- Educational handouts that can be reviewed after your visit at our office. Educational handouts are available for review once you have confirmed your appointment prior to well exams. Review them before that well exam appointment and bring any questions that you have with you to be discussed at the appointment.
- Communicate with your child’s PCP via portal messaging for non-urgent medical questions or concerns.
- Request a referral to a specialist.
- Send an appointment request to our front desk staff to see a certain provider and specify what office location, day of the week and time of day works best for your schedule.
- Request a medication refill.
- Request a copy of your child’s medical records or a records transfer.
We look forward to continuing to provide exceptional care to our patients. Please ask our staff if you have any questions regarding your Medical Home.
For more information on Medical Homes, please visit http://www.medicalhomeinfo.org